JOB TITLE: Clinical Lab Scientist
JOB FAMILY GROUP: Laboratory
JOB FAMILY: Laboratory Technologists
- Under general direction, interpret and report test results
- Perform routine and complex technical laboratory analyses using established procedures and protocols
- Perform chemical, microscopic, and bacteriologic tests to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of patients
- Performs a full range of laboratory tests from simple blood tests to more complex tests
- Interprets test reports and communicates findings to physicians
- Escalates unusual, critical, or abnormal results
- Operates complex electronic equipment, computers, and precision instruments
- Maintains accuracy of equipment and reagents by performing established preventive maintenance procedures
- Assists providers in choosing appropriate lab test
- Performs and evaluates quality control procedures
- Operates, maintains, calibrates, and troubleshoots instruments
- Assists with the proper storage of hazardous materials
- Reviews current literature and attends meetings and seminars to keep informed of new developments in field
- Assists in the proficiency testing program in the lab
- Performs other duties, as assigned
- Associate degree or completion or equivalent years of experience and education
- No experience necessary
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication. Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting, and gripping
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing
Noble Health Audrain Community Hospital complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
“It’s more than a career, it’s a calling.”
Noble Health Audrain Community Hospital