JOB TITLE: Office Assistant
JOB FAMILY GROUP: Administrative/Clerical
Supports clinic, department, or program in an administrative capacity
- Performs duties under supervision and within well established guidelines
- Greets patients or visitors, answers/screens/routes telephone calls, files, distributes mail, and performs other general clerical duties
- Meets the public, requires good customer service skills
- Patient registration within an electronic health record
- May aid with programs/software for providers
- May assemble and maintain patient charts
- Responsible for making copies, answering phones, making appointments, and maintaining records
- May be responsible for maintaining office inventory including ordering supplies
- Ensures that office equipment is in good working order and requests repairs or maintenance as needed
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians, and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol
- Float where needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) – American Heart Association (AHA)
- One year of clerical experience
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent sitting, standing, walking, reaching and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication
- Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry
- Occasional bending, stooping, kneeling, squatting, twisting and gripping
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Rare climbing
Noble Health Audrain Community Hospital complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
“It’s more than a career, it’s a calling.”
Noble Health Audrain Community Hospital