JOB TITLE: Emergency Services Technician
JOB FAMILY GROUP: Patient Care Support
JOB FAMILY: Patient Care Support
Provides direct and/or indirect duties necessary to provide quality patient care.
- Assists in collection of labs, coordinating patient flow with radiology to assist with turnaround times.
- Performs visual acuity.
- Responds to patients’ requests for assistance and answers call lights promptly. Assists with transfer and transportation of patients.
- Assists the Registered Nurse with the taking and/or recording of patient’s temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, weight and fluid status and bedside glucose and notifies Registered Nurse of significant findings.
- Assists physicians by placing calls to other physicians as needed.
- Assists provider with gynecology exams and specimen collection.
- Collects voided urine samples.
- Turns over rooms by cleaning and restocking.
- Obtains EKG’s for patients in emergent/urgent situations and as able.
- Performs messenger service and delivers equipment to departments.
- Orders and stocks supplies as needed.
- Performs routine cleaning duties.
- Answers phones takes and relays messages.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent OR Certified Nurse Assistant OR EMT Basic OR nursing student with completion of fundamentals course
- No experience necessary
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent reaching, gripping, and keyboard use/data entry.
- Frequent use of vision for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more) and to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, crawling, kneeling, sitting, squatting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Occasional use of vision to judge distances and spatial relationships.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional lifting/moving patients.
- Occasional use of smell to detect/recognize odors.
- Occasional driving.
Noble Health Audrain Community Hospital complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
“It’s more than a career, it’s a calling.”
Noble Health Audrain Community Hospital