Hospital Social Worker, MSW
JOB FAMILY GROUP
Social Services/ Behavioral Health Services
JOB PROFILE SUMMARY
Provides social work assistance to patients and families as related to social determinants of health. This position will primarily be housed in the Senior Care Behavioral Health unit with occasionally assistance to the medical unit.
- Work with members of the multi-disciplinary team to coordinate services, address treatment goals, and provide best patient care
- Complete assessments of behavioral health patients who require inpatient hospitalization
- May consult with members of the multi-disciplinary team in liaison with community resources to support the patient’s treatment
- Refer patients and families to various community resources to support the patient’s treatment
- Utilize social work skills to facilitate daily psychosocial groups with patients.
- Communicate with facilities, guardians, and family members to facilitate care and discharge planning
- Develops and maintains working relationships with community health, welfare, and social agencies and seeks creative means to assist the patient with his/her needs
- Complete all documentation within timeframes and in accordance to hospital and regulatory standards
- Active participant with other members of the team regarding opportunities for improvement in standard work
- Facilitate various aspects of discharge planning for behavioral health patients
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner
- Performs other duties as assigned
Master’s degree in Social Work preferred. Will consider Bachelor’s in Social Work if active plan to obtain/complete MSW within three (3) years of hire.
Preference will be given to candidates who have behavioral health experience.
- Frequent reaching, sitting, standing, and walking
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or
- less) and far (20 feet or more)
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication
- Ability to hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent keyboard use/data entry
- Occasional bending, stooping, climbing, twisting, and gripping.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish colors
- Occasional driving
- Rare repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements and squatting
Noble Health Audrain Community Hospital complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
“It’s more than a career, it’s a calling.”
Noble Health Audrain Community Hospital